COVID-19: Puertos de Entrada
- viernes, 22 de septiembre de 2023
- COVID-19: Puertos de Entrada
Vigilancia COVID-19 : Puertos de Entrada
The Ports of Entry Epidemiological Surveillance System is a component specialized in COVID-19 focused on the population of travelers who enter the Island through airports and seaports. Since the beginning of the pandemic, our efforts have been aimed at developing health protocols and educating and providing epidemiological recommendations for this population.
Our surveillance system shares the same mission as the Office of Epidemiology and Research which is:
“Protect the health of Puerto Rico through the epidemiological characterization of the communicable and non-communicable diseases and conditions with the greatest impact in Puerto Rico. Use research methodologies in the systematic collection, analysis, and interpretation of data to advance developing and disseminating recommendations for controlling and preventing major health threats.”
- Reduce COVID-19 transmission in the traveler population.
- Distribute home testing kits for COVID-19 to travelers over 18 years of age at airports and seaports in Puerto Rico.
- Investigate and monitor identified cases of COVID-19 that enter Puerto Rico through airplanes, cruise ships, and cargo ships.
- Educate travelers entering Puerto Rico about COVID-19 and the measures to follow after a trip.
- Provide information to other jurisdictions about identified cases that have moved to other states.
The Ports of Entry Surveillance has developed two completely voluntary and free-of-charge initiatives. Both initiatives consist of delivering home test kits for the detection of COVID-19 to the population of travelers over 18 years of age who enter the Island. The first initiative is carried out at the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (LMM) in the area near the baggage claim on the first floor in terminals A and C during the following hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. The second initiative to deliver home tests is carried out on the Pan American Pier (West) premises in San Juan at the following hours: Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. These projects provide the traveler population with a tool for detecting the virus that causes COVID-19 to mitigate transmission at the community level.
- Kits Gratis de Pruebas Caseras de COVID-19- Versión Español
- Free COVID-19 Home Test Kits- English Version
Where do you find us?
The staff working at the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (LMM) is available in the area near the baggage claim on the first floor in terminals A and C during the following hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. 30pm. The team stationed at the Pan American Pier (West) located in San Juan is available on Fridays from 8:00 am to 10:30 am.
On May 11, 2023, Governor Hon. Pedro Pierluisi signed Executive Order No. 2023-012, which decrees the end of the state of emergency that was declared for all of Puerto Rico through Administrative Bulletin No. OE-2020-020 for address the threat and level of impact that COVID-19 represented for all citizens. However, section 3 states that the end of the emergency does not impact existing projects or programs that are being carried out with state and federal funds allocated to work with any facet of the emergency according to their periods of validity. Consequently, on May 11, 2023, the Secretary of the Department of Health, Dr. Carlos Mellado López, signed Administrative Order No. 2023-571 in order to establish future steps with the management of the SARS virus pandemic. -CoV-2.
- OA 571 - Orden del Secretario de Salud, a raíz de la declaración del fin de la emergencia causada por el COVID-19
Here we share the guide followed by the Ports of Entry Epidemiological Surveillance System in order to guide the traveler population on the most recent updates.
- Guias para la Investigacion de Casos y Rastreo de Contactos por COVID-19 (Mayo 2022)
- Guía para la Vigilancia Epidemiológica COVID-19 (Septiembre 2022)
- ¿Debería hacerme la prueba de COVID-19 antes de regresar a clases sí estuve de viaje?
- Iniciativa de pruebas caseras: Aeropuerto Internacional Luis Muñoz Marín (SJU)
- Home Testing Initiative: Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU)
- Viajeros Internacionales- Versión Español
- International Travelers – English Version
- Resumen de la Guía para la Vigilancia Epidemiológica COVID-19 (Septiembre 2022)
- Centro de llamadas: 939-645-9784 (lunes a sábado 9:00AM-5:00PM)
- Centro de Ayuda al Viajero: 939-592-5115 (lunes a viernes 8:00AM-8:00PM, sábado y domingo 8:00AM-5:00PM)